Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Cake
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I’ve been eating sweet strawberries lately. This is a delicious cake that is not too sweet and made with fresh strawberries. When serving decorate with additional strawberries.
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 16 Ounces Fresh Strawberries (Stemmed And Halved)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch round cake pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat together 1 cup sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each egg. Add vanilla and beat until combined.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternating with sour cream. Begin and end with flour mixture. Beat until combined after each addition. Fold in fresh strawberries.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining sugar over top of cake.
- Place in oven 40 to 50 minutes until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack.
- Serve with additional strawberries.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved