Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Allspice, Baked Goods, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Butter, Cinnamon, Cloves, Confectioners' Sugar, Cream Cheese, Creepy Crawly Cupcakes, Cupcakes, Eggs, Fall, Flour, Food Coloring, Halloween, Kosher Salt, Lizards, Nutmeg, Oil, Powdered Sugar, Pumpkin Puree, Pumpkins, Salt, Scary, Spiders, Sugar, Vanilla, Vegetable Oil, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Show friends and family a ghoulishly good time with fun Creepy Crawly Cupcakes!
- 3 1/4 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Ground Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 3/4 Cups Pumpkin Purée
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring (Optional)
- Plastic Spiders, Lizards, Skulls, Etc.…
- In large-size bowl whisk together flour, baking powder spices, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl beat sugar and vegetable oil for 1 minute until sugar is incorporated. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin purée and beat until just combined. Gradually add flour mixture until just blended.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake 12 minutes. Rotate pans and continue baking 8 to 10 additional minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
- In large-size bowl beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Blend in vanilla. With mixer running gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add food coloring if you’re using. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting and top with decorations. Place in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Makes 2 Dozen
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved