Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I have always been a “do it yourself” kind of gal. If I can make it myself then I will. Store-bought versions of Chocolate Hazelnut Spread just can’t compete with the homemade kind. Spread it on everything from toast and pretzels to banana pieces and shortbread cookies.
- 2 Cups Hazelnuts (Toasted)
- 1 1/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Baking Cocoa
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly spread hazelnuts on baking pan. Place in oven for 10 minutes until lightly browned. Stir occasionally. Remove and let cool.
- Place hazelnuts in food processor. Cover and process 3 minutes until mixture pulls away from sides of processor. Continue processing while gradually adding powdered sugar, cocoa and kosher salt to reach smooth consistency. Transfer to bowl or jar and store in refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 6 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 16 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved