Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Galette
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Summer, berries, and rustic pies! If you’re a beginner baker then this pie is perfect for you. And sometimes I’m just not in the mood to make a fitted pie plate pie.
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chilled Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Pieces)
- 4 Tablespoons Ice Water
- 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoons Sugar (For Sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread pecans onto prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add cooled pecans to food processor. Pulse until coarse. Add flour, sugar, kosher salt, and cinnamon. Pulse to combine. Add butter pieces and pulse until mixture resemble coarse meal.
- Transfer dough to large-size bowl. Drizzle with 4 tablespoons ice water and mix. Add 1 more tablespoon ice water if needed. Gently pat dough into a 6-inch disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup sugar in large-size bowl.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about a 12-inch round. Carefully transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Place blueberry mixture in center of dough. Leave a 2-inch border. Fold edges over, overlapping a bit. Brush dough with heavy cream. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in oven, on middle rack, 45 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Chill Time: 60 Minutes Total Time:140 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved