Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Scones are made in one bowl and are practically foolproof. Tender and buttery, these English style pastries are similar to a fluffy biscuit and make a great canvas for sweet berries. Serve on their own or with butter and jam.
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour Plus More For Dusting
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar Plus More For Sprinkling
- 4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Cut Up And Cold)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Large Eggs (Divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Add butter to flour mixture. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, quickly work butter into flour mixture until butter is pea-size pieces, but has not melted. Add milk, 1 egg, and vanilla. Stir until just combined. Using a spatula fold in strawberries and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer dough onto lightly floured surface. Gently knead just until dough comes together. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet and shape into a round loaf. Make 4 cuts into dough to form 8 wedges and separate, spacing 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- In small-size bowl whisk together remaining egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush tops of scones with egg wash. Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Place in oven 25 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved