Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 23 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
This is such an easy flavorful and crispy side dish to make for every day or holiday meals. I grew up eating those overcooked sprouts that my mother used to make although, truth be told, I loved them anyway. Crispy Brussels sprouts sautéed in butter with bacon…Yum!
- 12 Ounces Fresh Brussels Sprouts (Trimmed And Halved)
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 White Onion (Diced)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- In large-size skillet add bacon and cook over a medium-high heat 10 minutes until browned. Remove and place on paper towels. Wipe most of the bacon grease leaving just a bit. Add the unsalted butter. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until translucent. Add sprouts and cook 5 to 7 minutes until crisp tender and still bright green. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Sprinkle in bacon pieces.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 23 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved