Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
Polenta Fries…OMG!!! Enough Said!
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Polenta Or Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan (Divided)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (Divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1 Lime (Zested/Juiced)
- Grease large-size baking sheet with olive oil. Set aside.
- In large-size pot bring water to a boil over a high heat. Gradually add polenta. Stir constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to a medium. Cook polenta 3 to 5 minutes until thick and begins to pull away from sides of pot.
- Turn off heat. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add kosher salt and pepper.
- Spread polenta evenly onto prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and press down. Place in fridge 2 to 48 hours until firm and ready to cook.
- Move oven rack to center position.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a large-size baking sheet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove polenta from fridge and remove plastic wrap. Cut into strips about 4x1/2 inches each. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Place in oven, on center rack, 40 to 50 minutes until brown.
- Remove from oven and let fries cool briefly on pan to crisp before serving.
- In small-size bowl combine chipotle mayo, remaining Parmesan, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and 1/2 Teaspoon lime zest.
- Arrange fries on serving plate and serve with dipping sauce.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved