Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
The key to incredible mashed potatoes is adding rich cream. It’s that simple.
- 4 1/2 Pounds Russet Potatoes (Peeled And Cubed)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Shallot (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Fresh Thyme Sprig
- 1 Fresh Rosemary Sprig
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Teaspoon Peppercorns
- 8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Diced)
- Place potatoes in large-size pot. Add water to cover by 3 inches and generously salted water. Bring to boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a medium-low and simmer 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- In small-size saucepan over a medium-high heat, bring cream, garlic, shallot, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, and peppercorns to a simmer. Reduce heat to a medium and simmer 10 to 12 minutes until cream is reduced to about 1 cup. Strain cream through fine mesh sieve and keep warm.
- In batches, pass potatoes through a ricer into large-size bowl. Add butter and gradually pour in cream. Stir constantly until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved