Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 3
Tags: Avocado, Avocado Crema, Avocados, Chicken Breasts, Cilantro, Cooking Light, Cumin, Dinner, Garlic, Gracious Vintage, Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pineapple, Grilled Pineapple Chicken Street Tacos, Kosher Salt, Lime Juice, Limes, Mexican Food, Onions, Pineapple, Red Onions, Salt, Street Tacos, Tacos, Tiny New York Kitchen, Tortillas, Victoria Hart Glavin, Weeknight Dinners, Yogurt
Delicious grilled pineapple and chicken street tacos for a quick weeknight dinner? Yes please! Top with a yogurt based avocado crema. Make the avocado crema ahead of time, up to 3 days, and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- 3/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Medium Avocado
- 1/2 Lime (Juiced)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 5 Ounces Fresh Or Canned Pineapple Slices
- 6 Corn Tortillas (6 Or 8 Inch)
- 1 Pound Grilled Chicken Breasts (Sliced)
- 3 Tablespoons Red Onion (Diced)
- 6 Avocado Slices
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- To make the creama: Combine yogurt, cilantro, avocado, lime juice, cumin, kosher salt, and garlic in food processor or blender. Purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat grill to a medium-high. Grill chicken breasts and pineapple for about 10 minutes until done. Remove from grill. Slice chicken and dice pineapple.
- To assemble tacos. Add chicken, pineapple, red onion, avocado, and cilantro.
- Top each with avocado crema and serve immediately.
- Serves 3
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 30 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved