Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Asparagus, Egg Yolks, Eggs, Grilled Asparagus, Grilled Asparagus With Fresh Tarragon Mayonnaise, Grilling Time, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemons, Mayonnaise, Oil, Olive Oil, Parsley, Salt, Shallots, Spring, Tarragon, Tarragon Mayonnaise, Vegetables, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
I love grilled asparagus and it’s delicious paired with tarragon mayonnaise. If you don’t have a grill then by all means roast it in your oven. Remember, “Work With What You Got!”
- 1 Large Egg Yolk (Room Temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (Plus More For Grilling)
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Shallots
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Fresh Tarragon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Pounds Asparagus (Trimmed)
- To Make The Mayonnaise: Put egg yolk in small-size bowl. Add a few drops of lukewarm water and whisk well. Begin adding olive oil in very thin stream, whisking constantly. When mixture thickens and forms a creamy emulsion you may add oil a bit faster. Whisk in shallot, parsley, tarragon, and lemon juice. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. If needed, whisk ina few drops of water to loosen mayonnaise until it’s spoonable and not stiff. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Make The Asparagus: Bring large-size pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat. Add asparagus and blanch for 1 minute for small spears or 1 1/2 minutes for medium spears. Transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water. When cool lift spears out of ice water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Prepare hot charcoal fire or gas grill. Put spears on rimmed baking sheet or platter. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with kosher salt and toss to coat spears evenly. Position grill grate as close to coals or heat source as possible. Be sure to arrange asparagus perpendicular to the bars so spears don’t fall through. Grill, turning spears once, for 3 minutes until they’re blistered and lightly charred in spots.
- Transfer asparagus to serving platter and serve with Tarragon Mayonnaise.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 4 Minutes Total Time: 34 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved