Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
This puffy oven-baked pancake is topped with cranberry orange sauce for an easy and impressive holiday breakfast or brunch.
- 1 Pound Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Oranges (Peeled & Cut Into Segments)
- Dutch Baby:
- 4 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Whole Milk (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- To make the sauce add half of the cranberries and honey in a heavy pot. Cook over a medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes until cranberries have broken down. Stir in vanilla and remaining cranberries. Cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add orange segments. Set aside to let cool. Serve at room temperature.
- To make Dutch Baby combine eggs, milk, flour, melted unsalted butter, sugar, and kosher salt in large-size bowl. Whisk until batter is nice and smooth.
- Place 8-inch cast-iron skillet into oven for 10 minutes to get very hot. Carefully remove skillet from oven and add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Swirl to coat pan evenly. Pour 1/4 of batter into hot pan and return to oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Serve with sauce
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 80 Minutes Total Time: 100 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved