Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
Oh, my goodness! Frying hand cut potatoes in duck fat makes such a difference. The super-rich duck fat gives the fries an incredible and almost meaty flavor that is decadent and insanely delicious!
- 3 Large Russet potatoes (Peeled Or Skin On – Your Choice)
- 3 To 4 Cups Duck Fat
- 1 To 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley (Or Sliced Green Onion)
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Candy Or Deep-Fry Thermometer To Gauge Heat
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In small-size Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet heat duck fat to 325 degrees.
- Peel potatoes or leave skins on. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch to 3/4-inch-wide fries. Place in large-size bowl of cold water.
- Drain and dry potatoes thoroughly.
- Cooking in three batches, place one third of the potatoes in the 325-degree duck fat and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove with tongs to a rack that is sitting over a rimmed baking sheet. Wait until the fat is up to heat and continue cooking the other two batches.
- Bring the heat to about 385 degrees and add one third of the cooked fries and let the fat settle on 375 degrees. Try to keep it at that temperature. Once the fries are crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes, remove to the baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place pan in the oven to keep hot. Repeat the other two batches and serve with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately!
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 65 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved