Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
Brussels sprouts have a pronounced and sweet nutty flavor, quite unlike cabbage although the two are closely related. They are traditionally served at Thanksgiving and Christmas. These Brussels sprouts are certain to become a staple of your holiday table.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Minced Garlic
- 2 Pounds Brussels Sprouts (Trimmed & Halved)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pistachios
- 1/3 Cup Cooked Crumbled Bacon
- Add olive oil and unsalted butter to large-size skillet over a medium-high heat. When butter has melted add minced garlic, Brussels sprouts, and kosher salt. Cook 3 minutes, without disturbing, until browned. Stir and cook another 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook 5 minutes until tender. Stir in pistachios and crumbled bacon. Add lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. Give a good stir.
- Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve immediately or keep warm for up to 20 minutes.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved