Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Pie
My all-time favorite fruit is the apricot and it’s is sometimes difficult to find good apricots. Fresh apricots spiced with cinnamon and ginger give this pie an extra bit of love. When serving this pie top each slice with a bit of fresh whipped cream and sprinkle lightly with ginger.
- 1 Double Pie Crust
- 4 Cups Fresh Apricots (Peeled And Sliced)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
- Position oven rack to middle position.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Trim excess dough from edge of pie plate. Reserve excess dough.
- In large-size bowl combine apricots, sugar, flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Fill pastry lined pie plate with apricot mixture. Dot with butter. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge. Cut slits in several places in top crust to allow steam to escape. Lightly brush top of pie with water. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place in oven 40 to 45 minutes on middle rack. After 20 minutes cover edge of crust with 2 to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- Makes 1 Pie
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 45 Minutes Total Time: 75 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved