Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Tags: Basil, Bell Peppers, Biabatta, Bread, Bread Salad, Chicken, Cucumbers, Healthy Eating, Kalamata Olives, Kosher Salt, Lettuce, Olive Oil, Olives, Onions, Pepper, Red Onions, Salad, Salt, Sherry Vinegar, The Light Side, Tofu, Tomatoes, Tuscan Bread Salad, Victoria Hart Glavin, Vinegar, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
My Tuscan Bread Salad is perfect as a side or main meal. Feel free to add or substitute ingredients, as your heart desires. If you are serving this as a main dish then I suggest you add a bit of protein such as chicken or tofu.
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Ciabatta Or Good Italian Bread (Cut Into 1 Inch Cubes)
- 1 Medium Cucumber (Diced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Cored, Seeded & Diced)
- 1 Cup Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Pitted Olives
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Lightly Packed Chopped Salad Greens
- In a large-size bowl combine tomatoes, bread, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, and olives. Toss to mix. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Let sit on countertop for 1 hour. Toss occasionally as it will distribute juices.
- Just before serving, toss in chopped basil and chopped salad greens. Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 4
- © Victoria Hart Glavin