Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
This healthy salad is dense, delicious, and full of fiber, plus it travels to work quite well.
- 2 Cups Cooked Pearl Barley
- 1/4 Cup Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 Cups Baby Arugula (Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dried Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Roughly Chopped Toasted Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Black Olives
- To cook barley, simmer 2/3 cup barley in large-size pot of gently salted water 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain well. Transfer to medium-size bowl and immediately add chopped arugula. Combine well. Let cool 10 minutes. Add vinaigrette dressing, onions, dried tomatoes, toasted pecans, and black olives. Mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved