Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Basil, Broth, Button Mushrooms, Cheese, Chicken Broth, Cooking Italian, Fusilli, Italian Sausage, Kosher Salt, Mushrooms, Olive Oil, Onions, Parmigiano Reggiano, Pasta, Pasta With Mushrooms & Sausage, Penne, Pepper, Porcini Mushrooms, Rosemary, Salt, Sausage, Turkey Sausage, Water, white wine, Wine
Porcini mushrooms and sausage are combined to make a delicious sauce for pasta. When I want to lighten this dish up I use turkey sausage. The sauce can be made a day ahead and then reheated before adding the pasta and cheese.
- 3/4 Ounces Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 3/4 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 3/4 Pound Italian Sausage (Casings Removed)
- 10 Ounces Button Mushrooms (Wiped Clean And Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 12 Ounces Pasta (Like Fusilli Or Penne)
- 1 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (Plus More For Serving)
- Chopped Fresh Basil For Garnish
- Place porcini mushrooms in fine mesh sieve and rinse well. Transfer to small-size bowl and pour hot water over porcini. Soak 20 minutes until softened. Drain porcini, reserving soaking liquid. Chop and throw away any hard stems.
- Add olive oil to large-size, heavy pan. Turn heat to medium. Add onion and cook 5 minutes until softened. Add sausage and turn heat to high. Cook 5 minutes and break up meat while cooking. Add button mushrooms, rosemary, kosher salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes until mushrooms begin to soften. Add porcini and white wine. Cook 5 minutes until nearly all of the liquid evaporates. Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and porcini soaking liquid and simmer 10 minutes. Add more broth if needed.
- Bring large-size pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook about 11 minutes until al dente. Drain pasta and add to pan with sauce. Stir until sauce coats pasta. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese.
- Transfer pasta to large serving bowl. Garnish with basil.
- Serve immediately with additional cheese.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 41 Minutes Total Time: 71 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved