Yields or Serves: 4
Tags: Asian Cooking, Brown Sugar, Chicken, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Satay, Chicken Satay Skewers With Peanut Sauce, Chicken Skewers, Chili Peppers, Coconut Milk, Dinner, Garlic, Ginger, Healthy Cooking, Kosher Salt, Lime Juice, Lunch, Oyster Sauce, Peanut Butter, Peanut Oil, Peanut Sauce, Pepper, Salad, Salt, Shallots, Soy Sauce, Sugar
I love to make easy chicken satay with delicious peanut sauce. I like to serve the with a side salad for a light meal.
- 2 Teaspoons Peanut Oil
- 2 Shallots (Minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger (Peeled, Minced)
- 1 Small Red Chili Pepper (Seeded, Minced)
- 1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Oyster Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Chunks)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size skillet over a medium heat add peanut oil. Once hot add shallots, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes until shallots begin to turn golden brown. Reduce heat to low and stir in peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce, and lime juice. Gently simmer 10 minutes. Stir often
- Add chicken to skewers. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and place in oven 18 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with peanut sauce.
- Serves 2
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 38 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved