Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
You’ve been eating salads and other light meals since January 2nd and now it’s time for a nice meatless classic Italian dish, which is perfect for a cold-weather dinner.
- 10 Cannelloni Shells
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 1/3 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 Teaspoon Finely Grated Lemon Peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook cannelloni shells to package directions. Drain, but do not rinse. Set aside.
- To make the sauce add butter and garlic to medium-size saucepan over a medium heat. Cook until butter has melted and garlic is tender. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add Swiss cheese and wine. Stir until cheese melts.
- In large-size bowl stir together egg, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, and lemon peel. Fill cannelloni shells with ricotta mixture. Arrange in a 12x71/2x2 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over filled shells. Cover with foil and place in oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved