Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
This Apricot Bread is not too sweet and is a nice morning bite. The flavor of the orange juice comes through and complements the apricots.
- 3/4 Cup Dried Apricots
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Soak apricots for 20 minutes in hot water. Drain and chop into 1/4-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar, oil, and egg. Stir in 1/4 cup water and orange juice. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Mix until combined. Stir in walnuts and apricots.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Place in oven 55 to 65 minutes until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Makes 1 Loaf
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 65 Minutes Total Time: 85 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved