Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
These cookies are super quick to make. They bake up large, flat and chewy, which is just how they should be in my humble opinion.
- 12 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Molasses
- 1 Egg (Lightly Beaten)
- 1 3/4 Unbleached Flour (Sifted)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1//2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sheet of parchment paper on large-size baking sheet. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl add melted butter, sugar, and molasses. Mix thoroughly. Add lightly beaten egg to butter mixture. Combine well.
- In large-size bowl combine sifted flour with, closes, ginger, cinnamon, kosher salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Stir just to combine. Mixture will be wet.
- Drop tablespoons batter on baking sheet. Make sure to leave about 3 inches between cookies, as they will spread considerably during baking.
- Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies start to darken. Remove from oven while still soft and let cool pan 8 minutes before removing. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Makes 24 Cookies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved