Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 4.7/5]
You know of Christmas Eve’s Feast of the Seven Fishes, so why not feast on all seven at once? This tomato-based soup has a little something for everybody.
- 1 Bulb Fennel
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper (Divided)
- 4 Cups Crushed Tomatoes (With Juice)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Clam Juice
- 1/2 Pound Monkfish
- 1/2 Pound Cod
- 1 Pound Calamari
- 1/2 Cup Basil (Chopped)
- 1 Pound Mussels (Scrubbed)
- 16 Littleneck Clams (Scrubbed)
- 1/2 Pound Bay Scallops
- 1 Pound Jumbo Shrimp (Peeled & Deveined)
- Trim, core, and chop fennel. In large-size heavy pot heat olive oil on a medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add onions and fennel and cook 8 minutes until golden. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir frequently. Add kosher salt and pepper. Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and clam juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- Cut monkfish and cod into 2 inch pieces. Slice calamari into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- Add mussels and clams to pot. Cook 3 minutes until some shells begin to open. Stir once. Fold in monkfish, cod, scallops, shrimp, and calamari. Cover and cook 7 minutes until fish is opaque, shrimp is pink, and clams and mussels are open.
- Remove from heat and divide between 6 bowls.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2017 All Rights Reserved