Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 5 Average: 4.6/5]
Don’t let dietary restrictions keep some guests from enjoying this bright and creamy classic dessert. Just because you don’t eat gluten doesn’t mean dessert is off limits.
- 2 1/2 Cups Cheerios
- 2 Lemons (Zest & Juice)
- 1 Cup Sugar (Divided)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 34 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In food processor add cherrios and pulse until fine crumbs form.
- In small-size bowl grate 2 tablespoons lemon zest and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In medium-size bowl combine cherrios crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and kosher salt. Stir in melted butter and mix until well combined. Press evenly into bottom of prepared springform pan. Place in oven and bake 8 minutes until crust is toasted. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In large-size bowl beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add vanilla, sour cream, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Pour batter over crust.
- Place in oven 50 to 60 minutes until center is set. Remove from oven and run a paring knife around rim to release sides of cheesecake from pan. Cool on wire rack before removing rim.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serves 12
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2018 All Rights Reserved