Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes About 36 Cookies
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
These classic cookies are also known as palmiers and are absolutely delicious! And you won’t believe how easy they are to make in your own kitchen. I like to use Vietnamese cinnamon, but you can use whatever cinnamon that you like.
- 1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 17.3 Ounces Puff Pastry Sheets
- In small-size bowl whisk together egg and 1 tablespoons water.
- In another small-size bowl combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar mixture onto your work surface.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on top of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Fold the top and bottom edges of the pastry sheet toward one another so they touch right in the middle, like a pamphlet. Use a rolling pin to roll them flat, packing the sugar and dough together. Then fold in half lengthwise, creating a long roll with multiple layers of dough ad sugar. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to set.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two large-size baking sheets with parchment paper.
- When dough is set and oven is preheated, cut each pastry roll into 18 slices. Plae slices onto prepared baking sheets.
- Place in oven for 12 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Makes About 36 Cookies
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 12 Minutes Total Time: 32 Minutes
- “Work With What You Got!”
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved