Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
I’m always looking for good side dishes to serve and this flavorful rice pilaf comes together quite well. You may use nearly any mushroom that you like. Like I always say, “work with what you got!”
- 1 1/2 Cups Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Mushrooms (Diced)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- To large-size pot add butter and olive oil. Stir in onion, garlic, mushrooms, and thyme. Sauté for 7 minutes over a medium heat. Stir in rice and chickpeas. Cook 1 minutes until lightly toasted. Add white wine and turn heat up to high. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in chicken stock, kosher salt, and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook 50 to 60 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes to make sure rice isn’t sticking.
- When rice has cooked through turn off heat and let sit, covered, 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved