Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: 4
This comfort classic gets a lighter spin, making it easier to keep up with eating healthier. Every part of the broccoli goes into this vegan soup along with homemade croutons that add a definite crunch. Serve for lunch or as a light dinner.
- 4 Bread Slices (Cut Into 1/4 Inch Cubes)
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil (Divided)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Celery Stalks (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Broccoli Head (Cut Into Small Florets)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 32 Ounces Vegetable Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium-size bowl toss bread cubes with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Spread out on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven 8 to 10 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Stir once halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In large-size heavy pot heat remaining oil over a medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook 7 minutes until vegetables being to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Cut broccoli into small florets. Cut and remove peel from broccoli stems and slice stems.
- Add garlic to pot and cook 2 minutes. Stir often. Add broccoli florets, stems, and vegetable broth. Partially cover pot and turn heat on high. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes until broccoli is very tender.
- With immersion blender purée soup. Add a bit more kosher salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve soup topped with croutons.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved