Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
My family Apple Pie recipe has been kept in the family for a good reason. It’s perfectly reliable and perfect for the July 4th holiday weekend.
- 1 Double Pie Crust
- 6 Medium Thinly Sliced Medium Apples (6 Cups)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line bottom of ungreased 9 inch pie plate with pie crust. Make sure to press firmly against sides and bottom.
- In a large-size bowl, gently mixt apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, kosher salt, nutmeg, and lemon juice. Spoon apple mixture into pie plate on top of pie crust. Spread evenly.
- Top with second crust and seal edges by pinching together. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Place in oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of foil after first 15 minutes of baking to make sure edges don’t get too brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 hours before serving.
- Makes 1 apple pie and serves 8.
- © Victoria Hart Glavin