Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Pumpkin pie grew up and moved away from home!
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour (Plus More For Dusting)
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 10 Tablespoons Cold Unsalted Butter (Cut Into Small Pieces)
- 1 Vanilla Bean (Split In Half Lengthwise & Seeds Scraped)
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons Ice Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 15 Ounces Pumpkin Purée
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Crust: Pulse flour, sugar, sand kosher salt in food processor to combine. Add one-third butter and pulse until mixture looks like cornmeal. Add remaining butter and pulse until mixture is pea-size. Add vanilla seeds, bourbon, and 2 tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough just comes together. Turn out onto piece of plastic wrap. Shape into disk and wrap. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Place baking sheet on middle oven rack and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat baking sheet 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll out dough into 12 inch round on lightly floured surface. Ease into 9 inch pie plate. Fold overhanging dough under itself and crimp with fingers or fork. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Filling: In small-size saucepan combine heavy cream, bourbon and cinnamon stick over a medium-low heat. Bring to simmer. Transfer mixture to large-size bowl and let cool slightly. Whisk in pumpkin purée, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Line crust with foil or parchment paper and then fill with pie weights. Transfer to hot baking sheet in oven and bake 15 minutes until lightly golden around edge. Remove foil (or parchment paper) and pie weights. Bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Leave baking sheet in oven and turn heat down to 375 degrees.
- Throw away cinnamon stick from filling. Pour filling into cooled crust. Place pie in oven onto hot baking sheet. Bake 60 to 70 minutes until crust is golden brown and filling is set. Make sure to tent crust with foil if it begins to brown too quickly. Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream.
- Makes 1 Pie
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved