Prep Time: 60 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 1 Pie
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
As I have become older and wiser I have grown to like Sweet Potato Pie. Here is an easy recipe to add to your holiday dessert repertoire.
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Prebaked Deep-Dish Piecrust
- 8 Large Marshmallows (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash potatoes and pat dry. Poke holes all round each potato using a fork. Place potatoes onto baking sheet. Place in oven 40 to 45 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Turn oven heat down to 325 degrees.
- Once potatoes have cooled peel them. Place peeled sweet potatoes in food processor. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, kosher salt, eggs, and heavy cream. Pulse until nice and smooth.
- Pour into prebaked piecrust. Place in oven for about 1 hour until filling is set.
- Optional Step: Remove pie and preheat broiler. Arrange marshmallows on top of pie as photo indicates. Place pie back in oven and after 50 seconds turn oven off, but leave pie in oven for about 3 minutes until marshmallow just softens.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before serving.
- Makes 1 pie
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 120 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved