Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
This is a rather tart, but refreshing pie. I just used a single crust, but you may use a double as directed in this recipe.
- Pastry For 9 Inch Two-Crust Pie
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 5 Cups Pitted & Sliced Ripe Purple Plums (About 11 To 12 Plums)
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- Butter For Preparing Pie Pan
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly butter pie pan. Set aside.
- Prepare pastry.
- In large-size bowl place plum slices.
- In small-size bowl stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Lightly mix in sugar mixture with plum slices. Set aside.
- Line pastry on bottom of pie pan. Turn plum mixture into lined pie pan and sprinkle with lemon juice. Dot with 3 tablespoons butter.
- Cover with top crust. Seat, flute and cut slits in top.
- Cover edge with 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil last 15 minutes of baking.
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes until crust is nicely browned and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Serve slightly warm.
- Serves 8
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved