Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Tags: Avocado, Basil, Chives, Corn, Cucumbers, Greenwich Free Press, Herbs, Jalapenos, Kosher Salt, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Make Ahead, Olive Oil, Onions, Pepper, Red Onions, Red Pepper, Salads, Salt, Side Dishes, Summer Cooking, Summer Corn Salad, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetables, Vegetarian, Victoria Hart Glavin, www.tinynewyorkkitchen.com
Charred Jalapeño and basil oil upgrade this simple summer salad.
- 1 Jalapeño
- 3 Ears Cooked Corn
- 1 Avocado (Diced)
- 1 Small Red Onion (Thinly Sliced)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes (Halved)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Small Cucumber (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cup Chives
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- On an oiled baking sheet, broil jalapeño, for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly charred. Turn once in the middle of broiling. Remove from broiler and cool. Seed, chop, and set aside.
- With sharp knife, shave kernels from corn. In bowl, combine corn, jalapeño, avocado, onions, tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers, lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- In small-size pan, blanch basil and chives in boiling water for 15 seconds. Drain. In food processor, purée herbs and olive oil. Strain into small-size bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons over salad.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved