Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Cake
Tags: Almond Flour, Baking, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Cakes, Citrus, Citrus Juice, Citrus Zest, Cream Cheese, Dessert, Eggs, Flour, Frosting, Grapefruit, Greek Yogurt, Juice, Kosher Salt, Lemons, Limes, Oil, Olive Oil, Oranges, Powdered Sugar, Salt, Semolina Citrus Cake, Semolina Flour, Sugar, Vanilla, Winter, Yogurt, Zest
Semolina flour adds a coarse, but tender texture to cakes. This cake is a nice way to highlight seasonal winter citrus. Feel free to change the frosting if you like.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Citrus Juice (Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Lime)
- 2 Teaspoons Citrus Zest
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Semolina Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (Plus More As Needed)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Citrus Juice
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar (Plus More As Needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch round cake pan and line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- In another large-size bowl combine yogurt, olive oil, citrus juice, zest, and vanilla.
- In small-size bowl combine semolina flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- Add one third of yogurt mixture to egg mixture followed by 1/2 flour mixture. Mix well and repeat with remaining yogurt and flour mixtures.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 10 minutes before removing. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cake and serve.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 60 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved