Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Sometimes I’m in the mood for a unique cookie that’s not chocolate chip. My Rum Macadamia Cookies will satisfy that cookie craving you might have. Use only pure rum extract and not that horrible imitation stuff.
- 1 2/3 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rum Extract
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Macadamia Nuts (Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, and rum extract. Beat until fluffy. Beat in egg.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Beat in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remember each oven heats differently. Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove and transfer to wire cooking racks to cool completely.
- Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen