Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 3 Average: 5/5]
Toss the store bought potato chips and make a much healthier snack. If you’re not a beet lover then just substitute a different root vegetable that you love.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (Peeled)
- 4 Medium Purple Beets (Peeled)
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease two large-size baking sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
- Use a mandoline to slice vegetables as thin as possible. Dab any excess liquid with paper towels if beets are juicy. Arrange vegetable slices in single layer on prepared baking sheets. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over vegetable slices. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheets from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Return baking sheets to oven and bake 5 to 8 minutes more. Remove baking sheets to check for doneness every minute after 5 minutes. Chips are done when centers no longer look wet.
- Transfer chips to paper towels and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 18 Minutes Total Time: 48 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved