Yields or Serves: Makes About 4 Servings
Pumpkin adds a nice element of flavor to so many autumnal dishes. Puréed pumpkin can be added to pancake batter, quick bread recipes, cakes, cobblers, crisps, rice puddings, bread puddings, muffins, crepes, and cookies.
- One 3 to 4 Pound Sugar Pumpkin
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Adjust oven racks so pumpkin fits in oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash pumpkin and dry well. Place pumpkin on prepared baking sheet. Poke a few holes in pumpkin with sharp knife.
- Place in oven 35 to 40 minutes until quite soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Slice pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and set seeds aside. Scoop out flesh. Process flesh in food processor or blender until very smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for one week or freeze for 3 months.
- Makes About 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved