Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
If you’re trying to be Gluten-Free here is an awesome salad that will satisfy you, but isn’t heavy at all. If you want to add a bit more heft throw in some feta cheese or raisins.
- 2 Cups Quinoa
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Pomegranate Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Pistachios
- 4 Green Onions (Chopped)
- 2 Oranges (Peeled & Sliced Into Rounds)
- Rinse quinoa in cold water.
- Bring 4 cups salted water to a boil. Add quinoa. Turn heat down to a low heat and cover with tight fitting lid. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to large size bowl. Mix in kosher salt, pepper, smoked paprika, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Let cool completely on your counter.
- Mix in pomegranate seeds, pistachios, and chopped green onions.
- Peel and slice oranges into rounds. Remove any seeds. Place orange rounds onto serving platter. Drizzle remaining olive oil over orange rounds.
- Spoon quinoa mixture on top of orange rounds and serve at room temperature.
- Serves 6
- “Work With What You Got”
- © Victoria Hart Glavin