Yields or Serves: 6 Makes 1 Skillet Cornbread
Pumpkin purée gives this skillet cornbread a nice fall twist. Serve alongside soups, chili, or stews. You can also serve this as at Thanksgiving dinner. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet then just use a 9-inch square or round baking pan. This recipe also makes great cornbread muffins.
- 2 Cups Unbleached flour
- 1 3/4 Cups White Or Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 10-inch cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt.
- In small-size bowl beat together brown sugar and softened butter.
- In large-size bowl beat eggs, milk, pumpkin purée, and vegetable oil. Add brown sugar and butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet.
- Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm with butter.
- Makes 1 Skillet Cornbread
- Serves 6 to 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved