Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
For a pumpkilicious taste of fall make this easy Mac & Cheese dish that’s sure to warm your tummy. Perfect for Halloween night!
- 16 Ounces Elbow Macaroni
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Unbleached Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- In medium-size saucepan melt butter over a low heat. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Stir constantly with whisk. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Turn heat back on to medium and cook 1 minute. Stir constantly. Add kosher salt, pepper, nutmeg, mustard, and pumpkin. Stir to combine. Add 1 3/4 cups shredded cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Add cooked macaroni to cheese sauce and stir until combined.
- Pour into ungreased 3 quart casserole dish. Top with remaining shredded cheese
- Place in oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve warm.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved