Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Cooking outdoors is the perfect way to entertain during this holiday weekend. The scents and sound of cooking on the barbecue create a wonderful appetite for a feast. Another advantage is that cooking on a barbecue means that nobody has to spend time in the kitchen. A good barbecue should be very simple, and only requires good quality embers, seasoned with salt and pepper and perhaps drizzled with a little olive oil.
- 18 Even-Sized White Potatoes
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Cups Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Finely Chopped Shallots
- 1 Clove Garlic (Grated)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Wash and dry potatoes. Season with kosher salt. Wrap each potato in foil and puncture each potato several times with a cocktail stick.
- Roast potatoes in ashes of barbecue for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl combine mascarpone cheese, shallots, grated garlic, basil, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Remove potatoes carefully from barbeque with tongs. Unwrap potatoes and transfer to individual plates. Spoon filling on the side and serve immediately.
- Serves 6
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2015 All Rights Reserved