Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 1 Loaf
I like to take advantage of winter citrus. We’ve been buried in non-stop snow here on the east coast and making things with citrus has become something of an obsession these days. If you don’t have access to pomelo then use grapefruit.
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Pomelo Zest
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Pomelo Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Pomelo Juice
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8 1/2 x5 1/4 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In medium-size bowl combine flour, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- In large-size bowl beat yogurt, sugar, eggs, zest, and vanilla.
- Gradually whisk flour mixture into wet mixture. With spatula fold in olive oil. Blend thoroughly.
- Transfer batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in oven 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- While loaf is baking make syrup by combining pomelo juice with sugar in small pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is clear. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove loaf from oven and allow to cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and carefully place on baking rack over a sheet pan. While loaf is still warm evenly pour syrup over top and allow to soak in. Cool.
- To make glaze combine pomelo juice and powdered sugar. Pour over bread.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Makes 1 Loaf
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2021 All Rights Reserved