Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
The good news about these homemade rolls is that you can make them ahead of time and pop them into the freezer until you’re ready to serve them.
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cubed)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Peel (Very Finely Shredded)
- 2 Packages Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4-Cup Warm Water (105° to 115°)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 8 Cups Unbleached Butter
- In large-size bowl combine potato flakes and boiling water. Mix in cubed butter, sugar, rosemary, kosher salt, and lemon peel. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In small-size bowl slowly combine yeast and warm water. Make sure that water is not hot or it will kill the yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Whisk eggs into potato mixture. Add yeast mixture. Stir in flour 1 cup at a time until you have thick and sticky dough.
- Transfer dough to generously floured flat surface. Quickly pat into large rectangle that is about 12x16 inches. Do NOT knead dough. Using floured pastry cutter or knife, cut dough into 48 pieces. Shape into balls. Arrange pieces side by side in 2 greased 9x13 inch pans. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 3 days. Or you can cover with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To serve let rolls rise at room temperature for 1 hour (2 hours if frozen). Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush rolls with cream. Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until browned.
- Makes 48 rolls.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen