Yields or Serves: 8 1 Cake
Luscious, ripe pears are a particularly lovely early autumn crop. With their undulating curves and unique shades of pale green, ivory and buckskin tan, a bowl full of pears makes a gorgeous centerpiece. Revel in this season and make this delicious Italian Pear Cake. It’s easy to make and a nice way to use up autumn pears.
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 2 Pounds Ripe Pears (Peel, Core & Slice)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Powdered Sugar (For Dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan.
- In large-size bowl whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta, sugar, extracts, and kosher salt. Whisk in flour. Gently fold in pears and chocolate.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Dot with butter.
- Place in oven 50 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Makes 1 Cake
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved