Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
As you know, I think most foodstuffs are much better homemade and granola is no exception. Make my Homemade Blueberry Granola for a delicious breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 3 1/2 Cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Wheat Germ
- 3/4 Cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Blueberry Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Dried Dates
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Coat 9x13inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine oats, wheat germ, coconut and pecans in large-size bowl. Whisk brown sugar, canola oil, maple syrup, blueberry syrup, vanilla, cinnamon in separate large-size bowl.
- Pour brown sugar mixture over dry ingredients and mix well. Spread oat mixture onto prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour hot granola onto large-size baking sheet and let stand until cool. Stir in blueberries, cranberries, dates, and raisins. Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 10 Cups
- Note: If you don’t want to use a certain ingredient in this recipe then just leave it out.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes Total Time: 80 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved