Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
I love green beans and I’m always thinking of new ways to cook them. Here is a green bean dish that could be a meal in itself. I love this recipe so much I made it twice over the weekend.
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Pound Green Beans (Washed & Trimmed)
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Divided)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 14.5 Ounce Can Cherry Tomatoes (With Juice)
- 2 Large Shallots (Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves (Torn)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded or Finely Chopped)
- Add water and a generous handful of kosher salt to large-size saucepan and bring to a boil. Add trimmed beans to water and cook 2 minutes. You will want beans to be just tender. Remove beans from water and transfer to paper towels to dry.
- In large-size saucepan add 3 tablespoons olive oil and turn heat to medium. Add garlic and shallots. Cook 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes with their juice, basil, kosher salt, and pepper. Give a good stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In large-size skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add dried green beans and cook 2 minutes until lightly browned and heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to serving platter. Spoon tomato mixture over green beans. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately
- Serves 4 as a side dish.
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen