Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 0 Average: 0/5]
If you thought you could never prepare fresh artichokes at home, think again. This simple and delicious recipe is sure to become part of your regular springtime rotation.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Fresh Artichokes (Trimmed, Halved & Choke Removed)
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Lemons
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Parsley
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over a medium-high heat. Pat artichokes dry and place in skillet, cut sides down. Cook 2 minutes until browned. Transfer to plate.
- In same skillet add garlic. Cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add water and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Squeeze juice from both lemons into skillet. Return artichokes to the skillet. Heat to a simmer on high. Reduce heat to a medium-low. Cover and cook 20 minutes until stems are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size bowl microwave butter, covered, until melted. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Transfer artichokes to serving platter.
- Stir 3 tablespoons cooking liquid into melted butter along with chopped parsley. Drizzle butter over artichokes.
- Serve immediately
- Serves 4
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 23 Minutes Total Time: 33 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2019 All Rights Reserved