Yields or Serves: 8 Makes 1 Loaf
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I never buy store bought banana bread because making it at home is so much better. I make this banana bread in my Martha’s Vineyard kitchen when I’m up early in the morning. It goes so well with a cup of strong coffee.
- 4 Ripe Bananas (Mashed)
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Softened)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In large-size bowl cream butter and sugar 5 minutes. Add eggs and mix 2 minutes. Add bananas. Combine until just mixed. Add dry ingredients, nuts, and milk. Mix 1 minute. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Place in oven 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan before transferring to wire rack.
- Makes 1 loaf
- Serves 8
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes Total Time: 70 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved