Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 2 Average: 5/5]
It’s cold outside and I’ve been dealing with an ill household this week, which means it’s been soup, soup, and more soup! Carrot Apple Soup…yeah, they like it.
- 1 1/2 Onions
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Pounds Carrots (Peeled & Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces)
- 3 Shallots (Chopped)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (Peeled & Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup Curry Powder
- 7 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1/3 Cup Crème Fraîche
- 1/3 Cup Blue Cheese
- Chopped Chives For Garnish (Optional)
- In large-size soup pot melt butter over a low heat. Turn heat to medium-high and add onions and sauté for 15 minutes. Add carrots, shallots, and apples. Stir in kosher salt, cayenne pepper, curry powder and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium low and cook 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and purée in food processor or blender until smooth. Return to heat and add half & half. Heat just until warm.
- In medium-size bowl mix together crème fraîche and blue cheese until nice and smooth.
- Transfer soup to bowls and dollop crème fraîche mixture on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with chopped chives.
- Note: Make sure you don’t use pre-peeled baby carrots for this receipt.
- Serves 4
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen