Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves: Makes 8 Scones
Rating:[Total: 1 Average: 5/5]
I love these sweet and delicious scones. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or an anytime snack.
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 Cup Butter (Very Cold)
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Cup Blackberries
- 1 Large Egg (For Egg Wash)
- 1 Teaspoon Milk (For Egg Wash)
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar (For Sprinkling)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large-size bowl combine Flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, kosher salt, and lemon zest.
- Cut butter into small cubes and add to dry mixture. Mixture will not look smooth.
- In a medium-size bowl combine egg, milk, and yogurt. Add to dry mixture and mix until just moistened. Dough will not look smooth. Make sure not to overmix.
- Gently fold in blackberries.
- Turn dough out onto flat surface and roll dough to form a round circle (about 1 1/2 to 2 inches high). Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- In small-size bowl combine egg and milk. Brush each wedge with egg wash and sprinkle tops of each scone with sugar.
- Place in oven 18 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 scones
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Minutes Total Time: 40 Minutes
- ©Tiny New York Kitchen © 2020 All Rights Reserved