Yields or Serves:
The versatility of this fresh berry sauce cannot be exaggerated. Use a single variety of berry or your favorite combination. The acidity of the berries complements the sweetness of many desserts, such as vanilla ice cream and pound cake. Perfect for pancakes and French toast too.
- 3 Cups Fresh Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Hulled Sliced Strawberries)
- 1/2 To Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- In nonreactive medium-size saucepan combine berries, powdered sugar, and water. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes until berries have softened and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Taste and stir in additional sugar and lemon juice if needed.
- Serve warm or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Makes 2 cups.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 8 Minutes Total Time: 13 Minutes
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen © 2016 All Rights Reserved