Prep Time: minutes
Cook Time: minutes
Ready In: minutes
Yields or Serves:
Rating:[Total: 5 Average: 4.4/5]
To get the best brownies, use the best chocolate, and use a lot of it. This recipe yields a really serious brownie that the chocolate lover with thank you for.
- 8 Ounces Unsweetened Belgian Chocolate (Coarsely Chopped)
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 3 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In small-size heavy bottom saucepan melt chocolate and butter over a low heat. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In large-size bowl combine eggs, vanilla, kosher salt, and sugar. Stir together until light and fluffy.
- Alternating flour and chocolate mixture add to egg mixture. Stir until smooth and thick.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Spread batter until even. Brush with milk.
- Place in oven and bake 35 minutes. You will want brownies to rise and be lightly cracked on top. Remember each oven heats differently
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan before cutting.
- Makes 16 Brownies
- "Work With What You Got!"
- © Victoria Hart Glavin Tiny New York Kitchen